Over the last few years the outdoor hospitality sector has emerged from a low-cost tourism niche to a mainstream, versatile recreation experience, valued at different levels by different segments.This is partly due to the significant change happening in the travel industry: tourists are now looking for authentic experiences they will remember for life. Just staying somewhere is not enough anymore, guests want to leave with a great story to tell... yet they are not willing to give up on comfort.
We believe this is the exact reason why glamping is gaining in popularity so rapidly. There’s no better way to create those special memories than camping in the outdoors with your close ones. Getting the feeling of nature, exploring, stargazing and socialising at the campfire... yet spending a night in the comfort of a cosy room with many of the amenities you would expect from an upscale retreat. That’s what, in our opinion, Glamping is all about.
Since the last three years, global interest in Glamping increases at the rapid pace of nearly 30% year-on-year (or nearly 40% on US market alone). It’s growing even more rapidly on some European markets, e.g. in Sweden, where ‘Glamping’ related phrases were searched on Google in the summer of 2018, over four times more vs. the same period of 2016. Sector’s leading booking engine, GlampingHub.com has over 35.000 glamping sites listed worldwide and according to Crown&Canopy (outdoor hospitality consultants), in 2017 glamping was marked as the fastest growing tourism industry in the world. In a 2018 market research report by Ariston, Glamping has been identified as the key driver in the growth of the camping market as a whole.
FDomes Glamping - out-of-the-box geodome kits, provide deluxe outdoor lodgings that offer hotel-like standard with that extra touch of quirkiness. Insulated for all-year use in any climate, can come equipped with wood-burning stove, solar-powered ventilation, fully featured bathroom, kitchen, mezzanine bedroom and many more features.Semi-permanent, yet fully portable, FDomes come in five sizes, offering 20 – 75 m2 floor space, multiple exterior colours and interior options. Perfect for couples, families and bigger groups.They are super-durable, 100% sustainable and very low maintenance, with up to 5 years warranty and expected lifespan of 15 years.
1. Reach new group of guests who wouldn’t normally go camping. Glamping attracts new types of customers, including those who like the idea of staying outdoors but don't want to “rough it”. According to KOA report on camping trends, nearly all Millennials and Gen X’ers (93 percent) say they would like to try a new type of unique accommodation in 2019.
2. Achieve higher income per night. Well equipped glamping domes offer one of the highest price per night among all types of outdoor structures and usually much higher than stays in traditional camping cabins or lodges. Sleeping in a dome is a unique experience and tourists are willing to pay premium for it.
3. Extend your seasonor operate all-year round in any climate and any weather. FDomes are 100% weatherproof and well insulated. They are the only glamping tents on the market offering exceptionally low thermal transmittance (U-Value) of 0.25 W/m²K (walls & ceiling), resulting in minimum running costs of heating and air-conditioning. Less than 2 EUR per day - that’s the average heating cost of our insulated dome during a winter month with mean outdoor temperatures of -1°C and +20°C inside the dome.
4. Become a glamping leader in your region and offer unique accommodation before your guests choose to go glamping at another camping destination. “People are much more willing to choose glamping over camping and even hotels if the option is available. It’s just not an option in a lot of destinations yet. Weekend getaways and experiential travel vacations that are easily accessible is a huge opportunity” - Ryan Hutchings, General Manager of glamping.com
5. Get 100% Return On Investment within one season. In 2017 our Customers reported on average revenues of 22.000 - 32.000 EUR per each dome unit. With an initial average purchase cost of well-equipped dome between 9.500 EUR and 18.500 EUR (depending of chosen dome size and accessories) and taking into account cost of furnishings and operational costs, many of our customers achieve complete ROI within first season of operations! To further maximise potential of this great ROI, many FDomes customers choose lease financing* allowing them to invest in multiple dome structures and expect significant earnings in the coming years. (*lease financing may not be available in all countries, inquire for details).
6. Build anywhere, use unused land. With FDomes you can build in places where many traditional structures cannot be built. All FDomes Glamping Pods are engineered and TÜV Certified to withstand violent winds exceeding 11 Beaufort (117 km/h). For sites prone to extreme sustained wind speeds or heavy snow falls, we offer Heavy Duty version, designed for 200 km/h windloads (hurricane force).F.Domes comply with existing EU & US structural safety norms & regulations. All raw materials used for production are certified for fire-retardancy and sourced from industry leading, European suppliers.
7. Invest with peace of mind and minimum risk. Because FDomes are designed with self-assembly in mind, it also means you can dismantle them and easily move to another location (e.g. when you see better business prospects on another site) You can keep the domes up all-year round, no need to take them down off-season, even if they stay not occupied. They are also very low maintenance - just power-wash them once every few months to keep them clean. With expected lifespan of 15 years and up to 5 years of warranty on all dome components, you can be 100% sure it’s a safe and wise investment. Need to free up some cash? We will help you sell your used dome on the secondary market (although we doubt you will ever want to part ways with your dome).
8. Add the “Wow factor” to your camping site. Because of their unconventional shape and unique, airy interiors, geodesic domes stand out among other types of tents and outdoor accommodations. They are also very ‘Instagrammable’, meaning that your guests will happily promote your camping site on social media (through their selfies obviously!). On top of that, FDomes quirky look generates frequent attention of international media. Many of our customers were featured in national and international publications incl. Lonely Planet, Forbes, Bloomberg, Wallpaper Magazine, Business Insider, The Guardian, UK’s Channel 4, and many more.
9. Create an event venue with our big size dome and diversify your business even further. Glamping Weddings, Glamping Corporate Events, Glamping Christmas Parties, Fitness Training Camps, Yoga Retreats...there are literally dozens of new opportunities for outdoor businesses to diversify and attract new crowd. Setting up one of our big size dome (12m - 30m diameter, 110 sqm - 700 sqm of floor area) will allow you to create an on-site event venue, restaurant, social area, common lounge space, bar, reception or any other function. Talk to our expert to learn about the most suitable solution for your needs.